June 16-21, 2013
Directions to WVU Tech
Will you be a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in high school this fall?
Are you interested in science, technology, engineering, or math?
Do you like a challenge that includes “hands-on” experiments and problem solving?
If you answered “yes,” then WVU Institute of Technology’s Camp STEM is waiting for you! Camp STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) is a one-week summer program that shows you what engineering, math, and the basic sciences are really all about. You will also have a chance to experience campus-living, as well as meet other students your age from across the state. So, if you’re ready to have fun and learn about fields that interest you, apply now!
- Send us a list of your extracurricular activities
- Send us your high school transcripts (middle school transcripts for students entering 9th grade in the fall).
- Send us a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal.
Quality of Instruction
- Camp STEM is instructed by excellent teachers who are experts in the fields of engineering, math, and the basic sciences.
- Teachers will guide you through various experiments, as well as provide detailed lectures, demonstrations, and field trips.
- Teachers are encouraging and will provide guidance and advice.
- Upper-class Tech students majoring in engineering, math, and the basic sciences will be available to further help you during your stay at camp STEM.
Door to Possibilities
- Camp STEM is structured to provide a fun learning environment that will help you reach your educational goals.
- You will be introduced to a variety of “hot” careers for your future.
- Did you know that the demands for good engineers, scientists, and mathematicians are increasing? This year, almost 100 different companies and government agencies came to interview Tech seniors.
For More Information:
General Information and Registration Questions:
Dr. Kimberlyn Gray
Engineering and Science Outreach Coordinator
405 Fayette Pike
Montgomery, WV 25136
The cost of Camp STEM is $350. Need-based
Please contact Dr. Gray for more information.